PDS is seeking a MRB Engineer-Tech Spec II for an open position in Savannah, GA
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of aircraft products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues 2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results 6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job..
- Bachelors degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering - Must have a Minimum 10 years dedicated structures MRB Engineering experience at a recognized airframe manufacturer
- Experience should include creation and justification of engineering dispositions for nonconformances of composite and metallic, pressurized and non-pressurized aircraft structures.
- Experience should include all components of the aircraft (Wing, Fuselage, Empennage).
- Experience should be in a Production and/or schedule-driven environment. Supporting Flight Test phase of a/c development a plus.
- Capability to analyze and rapidly design repairs based on equivalent strength/stiffness of surrounding structure while in a schedule driven environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate (such as, but not limited to: Catia V5, Solumina, SmarTeam, Word, Excel)
- 2nd Shift Position. Typically 4X10 work schedule. Occasional overtime possible.
1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.