PDS is seeking candidates for an Associate Process Engineer in Allentown, PA
What will you do?
The individual will assist in packaging equipment deployment by creating SOPs, reviewing equipment technical documentation, supporting the execution of validation protocols, troubleshooting machine performance during equipment startup, and authoring change controls.
- Perform engineering evaluation of validation protocols developed by validation team
- Support the execution of validation protocols run by the validation engineering team
- Collaborate with equipment vendors to troubleshoot machine performance
- Develop equipment maintenance and calibration schedules
- Create equipment SOPs
- Author engineering documentation overseen by Engineering Management
- Provides individual project schedules and specifications to Engineering Management
- Provides technical specifications for Engineering project designs, and machine upgrades
- Evaluates and standardizes machine setups to maximize both run speed and quality.
- Utilize changeover reduction initiatives to streamline processes and techniques
- Drive collaboration to modify and streamline workflow barriers arrangements in order to increase throughput and the overall quality of the product
- Required: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university or 5 years of internal work-related experience.
- Preferred: A four-year, Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college and/or university in Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 1-3 years of equivalent experience or 7-10 years in relevant GMP, pharmaceutical or food experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have a baseline level of mechanical aptitude
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to multitask and respond to shifting priorities.
- Must be proficient with computer software (MS Office) and have expertise with spreadsheets.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in food or pharmaceutical packaging experience preferred.