Embedded Systems Engineer needed to join development team.
- Aid in the development of the Vehicle Control Unit (VCU) and/or Electronic Control Unit (ECU);
- Create/refine finite state machines, and implement controllers for vehicle systems in software;
- Aid in the development of a system for distributed control of an engine, electric motors, and actuators over a CAN network;
- Support the design of a wing fold interface system working with existing electromechanical actuators/sensors;
- Support definition of the data interface specification (e.g. CAN, RS-485, etc.);
- Integrate microcontroller software for CAN bus based actuation and sensing per DO-178 (potentially implemented via Simulink and Stateflow);
- Address custom CAN messaging and VCU communications with hand coding as required;
- Participate as a key player in the design-build-test process, including conceptual, preliminary and detailed design, requirements definition, design reviews, prototyping, and testing;
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other engineers, technical personnel, and management;
- Support and participate in testing activities component, drive, and/or flight as needed, including test plan creation, data analysis, and test report generation and documentation;
- Support the Certification Director with compliance and certification activities and best practices, including design, test, and analysis documentation, internal and external audits, and other activities as needed.
- The candidate must have:
- A Bachelor\'s degree in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years technical work experience, or;
- A Master\'s degree in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering and 3+ years technical work experience.
- Proven experience with robust software development cycles: taking software from concept through detailed development, executing code on targets, and testing to internal/external requirements;
- Proven experience developing software for automobiles, particularly for vehicle control;
- Experience with CAN messaging protocol;
- Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills;
- Software Experience: C/C++.
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Experience with software design, documentation, and testing per DO-178B/C;
- Functional safety experience with ISO-26262 or IEC 61508;
- Formal training or practical experience with software revision control techniques and tools;
- Experience with ASTM F2245 or FMVSS;
- Experience with LabVIEW or other real time data acquisition software;
- Experience programming CPLDs or other logic devices;
- Familiarity with modern electrical design layout tools such as Altium or Cadence products;
- Knowledge or expertise in CAN Aerospace, CANopen, SAE J1939, ARINC-429 ARINC-825protocols;
- Familiarity with Python or Perl;
- Familiarity with Fortran.