Aerospace Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer, Fort Worth, TX
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer, Fort Worth, TX
Cyient takes pride in partnering with the world's leading Aerospace & Defense companies to deliver value-driven and outcome-based engineering solutions. We undertake design and system-level ownership of complex components, sub-systems, and modules to allow our clients to sustain a competitive advantage.
We collaborate with clients to support and deliver many end-to-end product and process engineering solutions across the Aerospace & Defense product segments - engines, avionics, structures, systems, interiors, aftermarket, digital, and defense.
• Conduct complex fatigue and damage tolerance analysis for metallic components of helicopter rotor, airframe and drive system structures and prepare certification reports
• Conduct and document crack growth analysis validation using test results for inclusion in certification reports
• Conduct reviews of analyses prepared by the engineering team to meet the FAA approved Helicopter methodologies for the ODA EFUM to review and approve
• Guide engineers as they learn to conduct the fatigue and damage tolerance analyses for Helicopter certification
• Conduct and document material coupon testing for fatigue and crack growth properties of various metals
• Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects (completion of analysis and reporting of results and FAA approvals)
• Use engineering methods and tools such as NASGRO, AFGROW, ANSYS, NASTRAN / PATRAN and a balance of classical hand calculations to analyze high performance rotor, drives and airframe structures.
• High level of proficiency in Fatigue and Damage Tolerance
• Experience in Helicopter analysis
• Experience with NASGRO and/or AFGROW
• Have experience in using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Good oral and written communication skills
Education: BS in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Math or related science degree or MS in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Math or related science degree required. PhD also is considered.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.
Fort Worth, TX
1401 NOLAN RYAN EXPY
ARLINGTON, TX 76011