Our client in Mobile, AL is engaged in the engineering, design, analysis and documentation of Cabin and Cargo components and systems across the product lifecycle including new development, customization, and after-market upgrades as well as maintenance engineering and service bulletin production. The engineering data produced by the client consists of detailed component specifications and analysis reporting for internal and external use, detailed drawings for fabrication and installation drawings, maintenance programs, and service bulletins. Further, the client is responsible for all necessary data to support qualification and certification of designs produced and for the coordination with suppliers for those components fabricated and/or assembled in the Americas.
The Maintenance Programs Engineer is primarily responsible for the development and evolution of maintenance programs for all client types (incl. maintenance programs requirements and verification during project and development phases for cabin and cargo ATA chapters) providing timely support to customers for a safe operation while minimizing the economic impact of the operator's maintenance program.
This position has operational responsibility to the Manager, Services Engineering and functional responsibility to the Heads of Maintenance Engineering within the organization.
The Maintenance Programs Engineer works within a group of maintenance programs engineers on assigned cabin and cargo ATA chapters to challenge, identify and select necessary system Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA), airworthiness limitations, and maintenance requirements. The Maintenance Programs Engineer also participates in Maintenance Review Board and Type Certification exercises. Activities include:
- Work with international bodies to develop and update policy and procedures associated with maintenance program development, ensuring that the interests of the client and its customers are taken into account.
- Provide good quality replies and assistance to daily airline queries within given target date.
- Represent the client in operator meetings, technical conferences, international industry conferences and working groups.
- Ensure timely availability of repetitive Systems related Airworthiness Limitations and their supporting justification documents.
- Ensure transfer of in-service experience to the design offices to ensure continuous improvement of in-service fleets and for new aircraft programs.
- Definition, validation and verification of scheduled maintenance requirements for new aircraft programs and modification to ensure safe, reliable and economical aircraft operation through an optimized maintenance program.
- Use Engineering data (design information, modification proposals...), in-service experience feedback and Regulations (e.g. EASA CS25) and international standards (e.g. ATA MSG3) to define scheduled maintenance top level aircraft requirements for new designs, develop detailed requirements, validate and verify their implementation into the design, develop the aircraft initial maintenance program, revise and optimize maintenance programs according to design changes, regulation changes for any maintenance program related matters.
- Ensure the development and evolution of maintenance programs by respecting safety requirements and economic considerations for all existing and future Airbus programs while balancing conservative design inputs
- Legacy programs
- New models and aircraft derivate
- Guaranty to meet Certification requirements and deadlines
- Cope with widespread technologies
- Ensure timely response to customer queries with good quality
- Ensure that all deliverables (create, revise and publish) are available in due time
- Cope with a steadily increase of workload by maintaining good quality
- Keep close relation with Airworthiness Authorities and the maintenance engineering departments at the other client sites
- Provide assistance and advice to Airlines on maintenance programs and maintainability
- Participate and/or chair airline/manufacturer meetings and maintenance working groups
- Ensure transfer of in-service experience to the design offices for new aircraft programs/derivate
- Represent the client in operator meetings, and technical and international industry conferences
- Provide maintenance engineering support expertise to other Customer Services divisions, as well as to other directorates (sales, marketing, certification...)
- Carry out and/or manage complex technical matters with impact on safety or economic issues, without close supervision of the upper management level
- Analyze and make synthesis to propose specific letters and documents for top management signature
- Contribute to the establishment of a safe and cost efficient maintenance program
- Ensure timely production and any (customized) evolution of MRBR/MPD in good quality
- Contribute to the development engineering for new aircraft programs with maintainability requirements and verification reducing the maintenance costs
- Contribute to the reduction of cost of ownership
- Contribute to improve the product reliability, maturity and residual value of aircraft
- Contribute to the safe operation of the fleet
- Contribute to an excellent image
- Travel out of the state and/or country for 1-2 weeks per occasion after initial training period.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Previous experience of MSG-3 methodology and familiarity with design and certification process advantageous. General knowledge of Continued & Continuing Airworthiness process beneficial
- Able to critically analyze and challenge design data within the scope of the position
- Customer service focused and able to understand customer needs and answer to their queries and demands
- High interest/experience in working with extensive and highly integrated electronic data processing systems
- Good coordination and relationship skills to deal with customers, partners, airworthiness authorities and other departments; a good team player
- Tenacious, adaptable and flexible while being able to cope with highly demanding environment
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
Education / Special Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering with at least 3 years of experience, preferably in customer services business (good general knowledge in the design and maintenance of cabin and cargo systems for modern civil aircraft). An advanced degree in engineering preferred.