|Senior EHS Industrial Hygiene Engineer|
Location: Saginaw, Michigan
Primary functions include the management and improvement of the Kalamazoo Site Industrial Hygiene program, under the framework of Pharmaceutical Global EHS Standards.
- Responsible for completing annual qualitative and quantitative exposure risk assessments for chemicals, noise, radiation, ergonomics and other IH related items.
- Conducts investigations of working conditions for the prevention of occupational disease and industrial health hazards.
- Developing and implementing sampling strategy measuring airborne concentrations of dust, gases, and mists; uses air sampling instruments and collection devices collecting samples of materials to detect and evaluate employee exposure including determining the effectiveness of engineering and administrative controls.
- Perform assessments of new products and processes and provides leadership in identifying and implementing controls.
- Responsibilities will include development and implementation of several industrial hygiene programs assuring these comply with OSHA/MIOSHA regulations.
- Develops workplace and individual exposure sampling strategies along with developing exposure control strategies.
- Assessing risks, documenting field observations, and creating various IH reports, policies, training and communication and related correspondence.
- Successfully uses recognized system analysis tools to perform risk assessments, inspections, investigations, program auditing that result in identifying value-added technically feasible improvements.
- Determines effectiveness of engineering control methods and makes recommendations regarding location, design, structure, operations, and maintenance of contaminant and physical agent control systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial hygiene programs.
- Working knowledge of exposure banding and control technologies for potent compound manufacturing and handling
- Experience in developing and implementing safety and industrial hygiene programs to facilitate compliance that meet and exceed MIOSHA/OSHA General Industry Safety and Health Regulations.
- Experience in dealing with the performance of industrial hygiene (IH) surveys and audits; indoor air quality (IAQ) and noise assessments; asbestos-containing building material (ACBM), lead-based paint (LBP), and mold surveys and investigations; asbestos abatement oversight; asbestos fiber release assessments a plus but not required
- Initiative, leadership, excellent organizational, planning leadership skills are required.
- Competencies such as Knowledge of internationally recognized workplace exposure limits and standards
- Experience in working in an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and Drug Product – Final Production (aseptic and non- aseptic) manufacturing setting that also includes Facilities, Utilities, Warehouses, and Laboratories.
- Identifies new trends to assure industrial hygiene strategies are evergreen.
- Knowledge in the development and interpretation of statistics.
- The ability to solve complex technical problems and provide expert technical support is a must.
- Initiative, excellent organizational, planning leadership skills are required.
- Extensive experience in conducting incident investigations.
- Competency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project Management and MS Power Point).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence and engage with multiple levels of the organization and the proven ability to lead cross functional teams is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills along with being able to function in a collaborative team environment, while also able to operate independently.
- Supports the Site’s Emergency Response team by providing Industrial Hygiene expertise during Emergency Response events.
Strong knowledge and experience with the following standards:
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) and the Industrial Ventilation Manual.
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).