PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Contract Administrator, in Grand Prairie, TX.
The Contract Administrator position is responsible for the administration of proposal and contract activity focused on providing Goods and Services in the aerospace/defense environment in support of Government Programs.
Assist in Preparing Proposal Responses /Contract Negotiation Preparation (50%):
- Prepare proposal responses in line with quality gating process
- Contracts support in proposal process to review contract terms & conditions (to include FAR/DFAR review and analysis via EXCEL). Obtain approvals as required.
- Respond to general proposal questions
- Perform lower level contract negotiations with the customer, and supports Contracts leadership during higher level negotiations and contract definition. Obtain approvals as required
Contract Administration (15%):
- Generate and maintain contract documentation and obtains approvals as required
- Ensure that changes to requirements are identified to management, scope or schedule are addressed with the customer and handled through contract modifications and documented through SAP Contracts to Cash and communicated through Contract Financial Brief to the team.
- Support contract/subcontract inspections/audits and spares Keycopter validation with the Army.
- Process contract/subcontract closeouts as required
Record Keeping/Metrics (25%):
- Complete contractual documentation, to include data reporting.
- Maintain accurate contractual documentation in the contracts database and order entry systems
- Track and maintain monthly metrics as assigned
General Office & PM Support (10%):
- Assist in the preparation of program correspondence (contracts, finance, logistics, engineering, proposal administration) for management review/approval prior to submission to the customer. Coordinate meetings, agendas, and minutes for business involving contracts or contract related issues.
- Interact daily and effectively communicate with program leadership, program managers, government personnel, prime contractors, and subcontractors on a variety of contract and subcontract issues.
- Perform other contracts related duties as need to support the program and/or business as directed by the Sr. Manager Bids & Proposals
- BS/BA Degree in business or related field.
- 5 + years of equivalent work experience with Department of Defense contracting either in the Government or Private industry.
- 3-5 years of experience with Department of Defense Contracting and Proposal development either in the Government or Private industry
- Or, advanced training in Business Administration, finance, marketing, product analysis and/or OEM avionics applications.
- National Contract Management Certification and/or U.S. Government equivalent desired, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Demonstrate willingness to learn about Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Analytical skills to recognize potential and existing problems/challenges and make timely decisions to assure their resolution.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate multiple work assignments and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic and highly team-oriented.
- Think strategically and independently.
- Perform under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work effectively with customer and representatives from other departments.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Candidate will have superior communications skills, both written and oral, in order to effectively interact with a wide array of customers at all levels of seniority.
- Exemplify team-oriented approach, ability to work a variety of tasks in support of the program, express product and process improvement for functional disciplines.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Internal and commercial systems proficiency required for the position. Ex: Microsoft Office Suite including WORD, EXCEL PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project Management Systems, and SAP(can be learned) , Keycopter (can be learned).