PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Strategic Buyer, in Grand Prairie, TX.
Assess the market (competitors, prices & technologies) for parts and equipment: 25%
- Conduct price and value analysis
- Lead and/or participate in multi-functional teams for value creation (savings, sourcing, policies, etc.)
- Support commodity sourcing policy definition
- Decides on accepting new suppliers, including building up and supporting suppliers and developing and adapting procedures for assessing suppliers.
- Local sourcing
Prepare and negotiate supplier contracts: 35%
- Negotiates terms and conditions of delivery (quantities, prices, deadlines, logistics) with domestic and foreign suppliers on the basic of defined objectives.
- Concludes individual contracts and master contracts, also under foreign law, within a defined financial budget.
- Prepare Request for Information/Request for Proposal
Monitor and evaluate supplier performance: 15%
- Manage, monitor and update supplier contracts and amendments
- Consolidate and report results, issues, concerns to management on a regular basis
- Communicate with stakeholders in the case of a major failure of the supplier
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customer to ensure understanding of their needs by involving them on the development of a strategic vision for suppliers.
Data Management : 10%
- Work with Data Management team to ensure procurement data is accurate in the ERP (SAP) system
- Accountable for all Procurement Data in the ERP (Prices, Lead Time, MoQ, Supplier Payment Term,...)
Monitor the supply chain process: 15%
- Leads MFT (Multi-Functional Teams) in dealing with Import/Export requirements (ITAR) ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Ensure that materials are processed in a timely manner through the supply chain system.
- Handle international business transfers (e.g. Europe US)
- Integration of Airbus Helicopters Canada and Airbus Helicopter Mexico (One Roof)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Required: Minimum of four (4) years directly related experience within a Procurement/Program/Strategy/Contract/ Sales/Supplier management environment; working knowledge of SAP (MM module preferred)
- Preferred : Aerospace experience
- Preferred-APICS certification and Lean Six Sigma a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Required: Knowledge of RFI/RFP process; compliance requirements; knowledge of generic supply chain operational procedures and procured products/services risk management
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Ability to establish contracts and conduct business case calculations
- Preferred: Knowledge of Aircraft part
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form, and speak and hear clearly during telephone conversations with internal and external customers.
- French/German language skills a plus
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)