PDS Tech Inc. is seeking an Engineering Technical Aide, in Wichita, KS.
- To provide assistance to the engineering group to allow engineers more efficient use of their engineering skill sets.
- The Technical Aide is expected to assist with time-consuming tasks that do not require engineering judgment but need to be done to complete an analysis.
- The variety of such jobs is open-ended and responsibilities will evolve depending on the abilities and interests of the Tech Aide.
Document Search and Storage
- Search for technical documents in six different databases.
- Release documents into the ADS/EDS Database System.
- Provide the engineering team with the appropriate technical document templates.
- Provide support of the Structures database system operation and processes.
- Initiate engineering documents by creating issue/reference numbers.
- Review technical documents for appropriate format, grammar, and syntax.
- Revise technical documents according to document mark-ups.
- Assist in the development of presentation material (predominantly illustration development and data presentation.)
- Gather signatures on documents ready for release.
- Create Adobe PDF files of current documents.
- Electronically scan documents into the appropriate libraries.
- Coordinate drawing distribution.
- Create new trackers based on project needs.
- Maintain all trackers established for the current project.
- Communicate overtime memos.
- Maintain Technical Signature forms for each engineer in the team.
- Print documents or information at the request of the engineer.
- Assist in coordination as required with Customers and Suppliers.
- Maintain the Optimized Skills Database.
- Maintain the team's Wiki site.
- Develop CATIA skills to eventually provide drafting support for the engineering team.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Previous experience in an administrative function in an aircraft/aerospace setting preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous CATIA experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and coordinate with many different functions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to excel in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; lesser education accepted with relevant experience.