THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Airframe Stress- Engineer- Drive Systems, Fort Worth, TX
Airframe Stress- Engineer- Drive Systems JR-016271
Fort Worth, TX
Cyient takes pride in partnering with the world’s leading Aerospace & Defense companies to deliver value-driven and outcome-based engineering solutions. We undertake design and system-level ownership of complex components, sub-systems, and modules to allow our clients to sustain a competitive advantage.
We collaborate with clients to support and deliver a wide range of end-to-end product and process engineering solutions across the Aerospace & Defense product segments - engines, avionics, structures, systems, interiors, aftermarket, digital, and defense.
Airframe Stress- Engineer- Drive Systems
The incumbent has to proficient in mechanical analysis of gears, bearings, shafts and gear boxes. The incumbent has to be an expert in use of analysis tools such as ANSYS, NASTRAN , Patran and FEM methods. The candidate has to be very good at GD&T, AGMA, and other standards of gear design and manufacture. It would be added advantage if the candidate has knowledge of manufacturing techniques of gear boxes , drive systems and related devices for automotive, locomotives, earth moving equipment etc. But preference would be for those with helicopter drive systems design and analysis. The candidate should have good experience with CAD , especially with CATIA V5 or /and CATIA V6.
• Manufacturing experience / knowledge focused on mechanical component manufacturing processes such as metal machining, heat treatments, and other specialized processes is required.
• Utilization of NASTRAN and PATRAN. Mathcad, Matlab, FEM software (ANSYS, etc.), AB Jones, KIMOS, AGMA related analysis tools, etc.
• Experience working with PLM software such as ENOVIA to drive product lifecycle.
• Previous experience working on cross functional engineering programs is preferred.
• Proficiency with engineering design definition including 2D/3D modeling, requirement capture, and specification development is required.
• Must have working knowledge of GD&T requirements.
• Proficiency with basic office computer software, specifically the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.) is required.
• Must have demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and ability to articulate technical data and concepts to a wide audience of individuals of different technical backgrounds.
• Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a variety of activities and tasks while dealing wih change.
• Must have a strong analytical ability.
• Performs diverse and complex product development, modification, and evaluation of components, by applying engineering principles and developing new or unique stress analysis tools/ methods as required.
• Utilizes and interprets predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts. Perform static analysis using industry standard calculations methods (i.e. Bruhn, Roark, Flabel, and O.E.M. structures manuals)
• High level of proficiency with ANSYS, and NASTRAN / PATRAN is a requirement
• Experience in Helicopter rotor / Drive systems - stress analysis - preferred
• Experience with CATIA V5 / CATIA V6 and Enovia LCA
• Good oral and written communication skills
Education: BS/MS in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, degree Required
Years of Experience: 8+ years of Mechanical Engineering Analysis experience in the following areas: Aerospace or automotive environment, focused on mechanical components such as gears, bearings, shafting, etc. is required.
Citizenship: US Citizen
Skills & Experience
2D & 3D Finite Element Modeling in ANSYS, CATIA v5, Helicopter Drive systems Design
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.