PDS Tech is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with Manufacturing and Assembly experience in Houston, Texas.
The ideal candidate must have:
· Strong proficiency is using "Pro-E/CREO" or a comparable CAD software package for model, layout, and drawing creation;
· the ability to produce and check drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5 and to support, and verify design with standard hand calculations for form, fit, function, and structural strength.
· Finite element analysis tools (ex. ANSYS, Pro-Mechanica, NASTRAN/PATRAN)
· Detailed knowledge of manufacturing and assembly procedures
· Experience with linear stress analysis based on vibe and shock, fatigue;
· Knowledge of the standard design process
This engineer should be able to prepare reports of results of analysis and experimentation, and have the ability to present design content at various design reviews
Hands on and Service Mentality Design for Manufacturability.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent team skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential;
Ability to prioritize work independently with little direction while staying on task
A BS in Mechanical Engineering is required
Must be a US Citizen