THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Project Engineering Integrated Product Development (IPD) Team Lead (Naval Submarines)
PDS Tech is seeking a Project Engineering Integrated Product Development (IPD) Team Lead in Windsor Locks, CT.
The Project Engineering IPD Team Lead will provide continuous support of environmental controls for the US Navy. The environmental controls include oxygen generation and CO2 removal for VIRGINIA, OHIO and COLUMBIA classes of submarines. The successful candidate will be working on the support of the qualification and production builds of many different products.
Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for leading the IPD teams consisting of Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Design, Supplier Quality, Materials Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Material Planners, and Purchasing to drive delivery of these products within the approved budget and schedule. Familiarity with SAP is a plus. The IPD team lead will report directly to the Program Engineering Manager and will play a critical role in driving project execution while meeting both internal and external customer expectations. This position requires creation and delivery of technical presentations to management and customers.
• BA/BS degree in Science, Technology, or Engineering w/ 5+ years of experience is required - Graduate degree preferred.
• 5+ years leading teams and managing projects
• Prior experience working with or managing multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience and familiarity with product qualification, and production build and test (specifically with respect to low volume Navy hardware)
• Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
• Demonstrated command of RRCA methodology and tools
• Experience troubleshooting (specifically with respect to MRB disposition) in troubleshooting problems on the production floor and coming up with creative solutions that maintain product quality while minimizing cost/schedule impact
• Ability to bring team members together and work problems to resolution
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proven planning, adaptability, organizational and negotiation skills for effective team management
• Ability to anticipate project risks and build contingency plans
• Manage hardware contracts from stages of proposal through delivery, including tracking procurement status, establishing engineering and operations efforts, and oversight of assembly and test progress.
• Interface with both internal operations and engineering functions to facilitate assembly, test, and delivery of hardware.
• Participate in regular reviews with the customer to communicate status of contracts and schedule.
• Provide direction to IPT (Integrated Product Team) for actions on in-process hardware.
• Develop and manage program schedules to drive on-time contract deliveries.
• Participate in contract proposals, including BOE and BOM estimates.
• Utilize Earned Value methodology to forecast program demands and track project completion.
• Process engineering changes to ensure high quality, conforming hardware is being received, built, and delivered to our customers
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
• US Citizen