PDS is seeking an Aircraft Painter for an open position in Savannah, GA.
The Aircraft Painter I prepares the aircraft for paint related operations by performing tasks safely within schedule while meeting quality expectations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Mask, sand, and prepare aircraft for paint application.
- Apply glazing and sealing compounds in preparation for final painting.
- Operate and maintain all types of preparation and priming equipment. Mix paints and primers.
- Perform leading edge sealant work in final detail. 5. Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies.
- Use personal protective equipment and ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned.
- Comply with Paint shop standard practices. 3. Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma/GED. One (1) year of painting experience.
A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics).
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
- .Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
Must be able to work any shift when required and work well with the team.