PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Customer Order Specialist in Peachtree, GA.
Order Processing: 60%
- Process customer orders, quotations, initial order receipts, order entry, sourcing escalation, backorders, general logistics, etc. for aircraft parts and services in response to customer needs.
- Provide requested information on part availability, cost, sourcing, returns, discrepancies, transportation, delivery, and follow up to meet customer expectations.
Relationship Building: 20%
- Engage in basic level relationship-building with customers emphasizing the positive services and qualities of the Group to encourage customer confidence and grow the business.
- Identify alternative solutions and steer customers to proper sources for required material to ensure complete customer service and satisfaction.
Technical Support: 10%
- Support Sales and Finance debt account reconciliation efforts to help maximize company profitability.
- Respond to technical inquiries utilizing Technical Documentation and liaising with technical and engineering departments to respond to customer inquiries.
Other duties as assigned: 10%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Able to provide answers to complex technical inquiries related to ordering airplane parts and services.
- Able to decide to escalate order processing and material sourcing issues to management.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Able to respond to customers with efficiency and engage in positive interpersonal exchanges with customers to build confidence in the Group.
- Able to efficiently process orders in order to contribute to overall company profitability.
- An Associates Degree in Business, Sales Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience in the aviation industry or military support environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Ability to respond to customers with efficiency and engage in positive interpersonal exchanges with customers, managers and team members.
- Ability to understand and follow Export Compliance regulations required.
- Ability to reference Technical Documentation and provide information requested by customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft parts would be advantageous.
- Has demonstrated a high professional integrity and ethical standards.
- Has demonstrated a high level of energy, persistence and "can do" attitude.
- Detail oriented and self-driven.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Strong command of English, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of other European languages highly desirable (German, French, Spanish, etc).
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- PC literacy, including intermediate word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, ...).
- Basic knowledge of SAP, preferred.
- Up to 5 % Domestic and International.
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship.