Our Client in Mobile, AL is seeking candidates to fill a Ground Handling Technician position.
In this role you would be responsible for the safe off-loading of Major Components Assemblies (MCA) from sea and road transport jigs onto final assembly line transportation trolleys and the delivery of MCAs to the Final Assembly Line stations in accordance with the planning schedule. Safe operations of Overhead Cranes with lifting capacities ranging from 6.5 tons to 50 tons, all with multiple lifting configurations.
- Overhead crane operations in the Transhipment hangar, Final Assembly Line, and Final Phase hangars to receive and deliver the major aircraft components utilizing a variety of overhead crane configurations.
- Ensuring aircraft system readiness and proper configuration for aircraft weighing, aircraft jacking, aircraft towing operations, cargo loading, aircraft mooring, electrical power connections, ventilation for air supply, and cabin access all in accordance with the Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM).
- Operating heavy aircraft tow tugs for the movement of aircraft into and out of various hangars in support of pre-Finial Operational Testing (FOT).
- Organizing and storing MCAs in hangar utilizing lean principles.
- Coordinating logistical support for cannibalization, reallocation, and out of sequence requests of materials, aircraft, and the return of sea transport jigs.
- Operation of heavy equipment to load/ unload shipping containers of MCAs.
- Removal of external contaminants from aircraft major components assemblies utilizing aerial man lifts and working platforms in accordance with the Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM).
- Fueling activities for ground support equipment (GSE).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Observe, respect, and promote safety around aircraft, and ground support equipment.
- Perform and document all related daily preoperational inspections on all support equipment.
- Perform daily inspection of tools and report any discrepancies
- Perform daily MCA hangar FOD inspection and report/document condition.
- Responsible to attend and successfully complete all required training in a timely manner.
- Engage in radio communications both internal and external during aircraft movements.
- Perform various other manufacturing support activities such as waste removal.
- Perform continual improvement activities.
- Promote and support team unity and safety.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements (Skills needed):
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an industrial or construction environment utilizing cranes, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
- Commercial or military experience operating aviation ground support equipment is preferred.
Education/Special Qualifications (schooling, certifications):
A High School diploma or an equivalent.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands (for ex. Lifting, working in heights):
- Vision: able to see and utilize fine work tools, computer screens; able to move through office and from point to point to find specific co-workers and in-house experts. Must be able to recognize the specific colors red. green, blue, yellow.
- Hearing: Able to hear in normal conversations and respond to warnings and signals.
- Reading: Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Speaking: Able to participate in normal business conversations.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to use work tools defined in job description with skill and acceptable results; able to operate standard office equipment and utilize electronic id to enter building
- Carrying: Able to carry up to 40 lbs. /18kg. when transporting various aircraft parts tools.
- Lifting: Able to lift up to 40lbs/18kg. on occasion.
- Pushing / Pulling: Able to push/pull equipment, tools, production carts and office chairs and pieces of equipment
- Sitting: Able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a machine, on a tool bench or computer terminal while writing bulletins or participating in meetings
- Squatting / Kneeling: Able to regularly squat/kneel to access items or tools stored on low shelving
- Standing: Able to stand for long periods of time in meetings and discussions.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): Able to walk through office and production areas sometimes on uneven surfaces to obtain items for work, retrieve/replace tools and to reach meetings, visitors and direct others to meetings.
- Performing: Able to complete tasks in an environment that is not temperature controlled.