Cyient takes pride in partnering with the world’s leading Aerospace & Defense companies to deliver value-driven and outcome-based engineering solutions. We undertake design and system-level ownership of complex components, sub-systems, and modules to allow our clients to sustain a competitive advantage.
We collaborate with clients to support and deliver a wide range of end-to-end product and process engineering solutions across the Aerospace & Defense product segments - engines, avionics, structures, systems, interiors, aftermarket, digital, and defense.
• Operate Hydraulic Test Frames with electronic data acquisition systems to conduct both static and fatigue tests per company and / or industry standards
• Work with extensometers and strain gages to record data during testing
• Maintain computerized test routines for all test frames
• Write modified test routines when necessary (both static and fatigue)
• Ensure proper data transfer from test frames to engineering networks
• Perform minor maintenance on test frames when needed
• Work with maintenance organization to establish and maintain preventive maintenance plan for all test equipment , chambers, (heat blankets, nitrogen lines, etc)
• Work with engineers to determine best test methods for non-standard -parts and /or applications
• Work with Lab coordinator to develop and maintain test schedules
Secondary Responsibilities (To have familiarity with , but use only occasionally)
• Prepreg laying up, bagging, and curing of composite and metal bonded panels, including setting up and running an autoclave
• Adhesive bonding with both paste and film adhesives, apply primer
• Conduct of destructive testing and evaluation of various production aircraft components and write summary technical reports of the findings and conclusions
• Leading mini-projects (test requests) through all stages of completion, interfacing with the customer when needed
• Able to read and interpret computerized drawings and parts lists
• Associates Degree in Engineering, engineering technology, materials science, Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical engineering or commensurate advanced technical training, experience and or/certification
• 3 to 5 years working experience in materials lab or similar facility experience
• Possess a mechanical aptitude, able to with hands
• Possess very good computer skills and the ability to understand and write computer programs
• Possess very good communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to work well with internal and external customers on their test needs
• Some exposure to servo hydraulic test frames , construction, maintenance and operations thereof (machines such as Instron* machines, MTS* testing machines etc used for Composites test labs) (* Trade marks)
Citizenship: US Citizenship required
Skills & Experience
Composite Materials, Composites Testing, Universal Testing Machines
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.